District Manager RSW
Company: Avis Budget Group
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: October 3, 2021
Customer Led, Service Driven Do you want to
shift your management career into high gear? If you are a strong
leader who can inspire others to succeed you should consider a
career as a District Manager at Avis Budget Group! We are a fortune
500 Global Leader in the travel services industry operating two of
the most recognized brands in the vehicle rental business as well
as one of the leading truck rental businesses in the United
The District Manager serves
as a business partner, leading, managing and developing an assigned
district to operational success and financial profitability across
functional areas such as of operations, marketing, sales,
maintenance, and risk management, fleet delivering company
programs, initiatives and solutions in support of key business
strategies. The District Manager will be a key member of the field
operation leadership team. The Manager will develop and lead
corporate location management teams, provide strategic and tactical
support, create strategies and develop solutions and improvements,
grow revenue and profit while being responsible for their assigned
field operations locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and communicates city operating plans that
maximize revenue and grow market share, within plan objectives and
company guidelines. Monitors performance against plan and
establishes or revises plans, procedures and standards, as
appropriate, to maximize profits.
- Sets monthly goals for each location’s key operating
performance measurements to include revenue per unit, revenue,
transactions and incremental sales.
- Forecasts, budgets and manages the key financial drivers of a
city to include revenue, transactions, market segment mix,
utilization, fleet mix, wage expense, daily dollar average, revenue
per unit, incremental revenue penetration and fleet size.
- Directs and controls the activities performed by the fleet
distribution function in reviewing and evaluating the availability
of fleet vehicles at various locations
- Oversees the activities performed by the fleet function in
directing and controlling the maintenance, repair and/or
reconditioning of fleet vehicles.
- Evaluates the physical inventories to establish and maintain
the proper mix and age of lot vehicles.
- Works with the Corporate Sales and Marketing functions to
develop sales policy, long-range sales objectives and local
- Reviews and evaluates capital projects, analyzes DOR
- Directs the payment of bills and processing of personnel
- Builds and Maintains professional relationships with local
business organizations and governmental agencies in an ongoing
effort to protect the company’s interests, and to discuss and
resolve commonly faced problems.
- Ensures all Quality Assurance standards are maintained
- Hires, supervises, trains, develops, motivates and evaluates
the performance of manager and employee staff. Implements HR
department policies in the area of discipline, discharge,
motivation and performance in a consistent and fair manner,
referring to the appropriate HR manuals to ensure adherence.
Establishes, communicates, monitors and updates objectives for
staff consistent with the Company goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field (or equivalent
in education, experience or training).
- Three or more years operations and sales experience, with at
least one year at the supervisory level, preferably in a vehicle
rental or related industry. (Years of experience will increase
according based on district assignment)
- General business knowledge to successfully lead and direct
- Excellent management skills. Must be able to provide direction
and support to a large number staff across multiple locations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to track all
appropriate operational measures and analyze and forecast
operational performance results.
- Very strong communication (both written and oral) and
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills. Ability to
interact with both internal and external customers at all
levels. Ability to manage and motivate staff in a team
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer
Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans /
The information listed above is intended to
describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential
functions and responsibilities may change as business needs
require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your
consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis
Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car
Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made
by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or
brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental
Keywords: Avis Budget Group, Fort Myers , District Manager RSW, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!