Great company. Great people. Great
As a Scaffolding Tech I at United Rentals you’ll use your skills
to set up and dismantle scaffold, swing stage, or mast climber to
provide customers access to specific portions of a building.
You will work as a member of both the erection/dismantling
and ground crew. You will also build and dismantle under the
guidance of a Scaffold Tech II/Operations Supervisor and in
accordance with company policies, manufacturer’s guidelines, and
Osha standards. Your strong work ethic, reliability, safety
conscience, and positive attitude will make you an asset to our
branch and entire organization.
If you would enjoy the chance to make your mark with the world’s
largest equipment rental provider, consider a future with United
Rentals. You will be supported by a strong management team that
will help you achieve your goals.
Additional duties include the following:
• Under direct supervision, perform manual and
maintenance tasks in a safe and professional manner
• Set scaffold base and anchors, install cross
braces, guardrails, toe boards, verticals, horizontals, mast
sections, swing material using various hand and portable power
tools including and not limited to banding equipment, hammers,
ratchets, power drills, and hammer drills.
• Mobilize scaffold/swing/mast climber from
ground to erect location and vice versa for dismantle of
• Assist drivers with loading and off-loading of
• Adhere to safe work practices and procedures so
that the job site and/or equipment yard/facilities is free of
• Ability to record inventory of equipment on
delivery and pick up
• Maintain clean housekeeping on projects and at
• Use of fall protection in accordance to Osha
• Recognize safety concerns; work in a safe
• Communicate safety concerns with supervisor
• Other duties required at Supervisor’s
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Active applicable state class driver’s
• Pass background check and drug screen
• Basic knowledge of tools
• Strong teamwork and customer service skills
• Basic understanding of schematics and
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a
• Some weekend work will be required.
• Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs., and seldom
lifting up to 75 lbs.
At United Rentals, the largest equipment rental company,
we believe that it takes great employees to build a great
organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow
professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do. Our
culture is based on our corporate values and centers on mutual
respect, job satisfaction, diversity and a shared responsibility to
build a better future.
What's in it for you?
U.S. Full Time roles: Best in class benefits
offering includes medical, dental, vision, flex spending and health
savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life
and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick,
vacation, holidays, and paid parental leave. Comprehensive
training and development and career growth opportunities.
U.S. Part Time roles: Benefits offering includes 401(k)
retirement with company match/RRSP; paid time off including sick,
vacation and holidays; and comprehensive training and development
and career growth opportunities.
Canada: Best in class benefits package which includes
medical, dental & vision, RRSP/DPSP*, paid time off, comprehensive
training and development, and career growth opportunities.
*Offered for full time roles, part time eligibility in select
United Rentals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women,
minorities, protected veterans and individuals with