Histotechnologist II req78039
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Histotechnologist II - Fort Myers, FL - Monday-Friday hours will
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career
where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role
where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues,
and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and
development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader
and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer
exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect
change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and
scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our
innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
1. Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the
preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s),
according to policies and procedures.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and
5. May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing)
if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR
493. 1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel
Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
6. Ensure proper tissue processing.
7. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
8. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
9. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
10. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or
11. Ability to prepare solutions and reagents for special stain
12. May be required to obtain and validate control tissue used in
13. Maybe required to perform special stain procedures.
14. Prepare solutions and reagents for IHC and ISH procedures.
15. Obtain and validate control material used in IHC, FISH and ISH
16. Perform IHC and ISH testing.
17. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
18. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
19. Provide training and guidance to Histo4/Histotechnologists,
students and lab aides.
20. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and documents
all quality control activities; has the ability to recognize
outliers and correct them.
21. Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing,
embedding, cutting and staining of tissue specimens.
22. May be required to develop, execute, or validate new
23. Capable of identifying problems that may affect test
performance or reporting of test results and resolve or immediately
report to histology supervisor/manager, technical supervisor, or
24. Capable of providing coverage in the absence of the histology
supervisor/manager or lead Histotechnologist for a limited period
25. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality
assurance standards are met.
26. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP
regulations along with GLP and GCP practices.
27. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
28. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor. career opportunities
for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will
complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values
do matter. We work to earn our customers' trust every day by
providing the high
1. AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
2. HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
3. 3 years Histology experience
4. Demonstrates knowledge of and can perform IHC testing.
Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC) obtained through ASCP
5. Knowledge of in-situ hybridization (ISH) procedures
6. Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum
Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of computer skills in word processing,
excel and database entry.
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Fort Myers , Histotechnologist II req78039, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!