Youth Care Specialist II (7202) - Fort Myers, FL
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant. Since
1982, Lutheran Services Florida has been providing and sharing
solutions to protect Florida's most vulnerable. Today, we are one
of the largest nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50 Floridians
with a wide range of services, including:
- early childhood education
- refugee and immigration
- mental health and substance abuse
- juvenile justice
- child welfare Do you have a passion for working with youth?
Lutheran Services of Florida focuses on the idea of making a
positive difference in the lives of the youth & at risk
populations. LSF is looking for talented Youth Care Specialists who
wants to make an impact in the lives of youth ages 10-17! Flexible
schedules required! Looking for night and weekends workers. HOURS
NEEDED: 7a-3p, 3p-11p, 11p-7a This position is located in Ft.
Myers! Purpose & Impact This is a direct service delivery position.
The Youth Care Specialist supervises residents, provides quality
care, ensures a safe and secure environment and transports and
accompanies residents with outside activities. You will be that
role model and encourage each resident to pursue educational growth
as well as everyday life skills. Pay is $12 an hour with 1 year
verified experience working with Youth in a professional setting. A
day in the Life of a Youth Care Specialist II:
- Organizes assignments and tasks for completion by Youth Care
Specialists, assuring smooth operations of the shelter and
adherence to program goals.
- Provides orientation, training, support, feedback and oversight
to the Youth Care Specialists I in their essential functions.
- Monitors and reports potential safety and security risks and
hazards in the shelter, making recommendations and implementing
corrective actions as needed.
- Screens clients for eligibility, conducts intakes, coordinates
discharges and administers client satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Completes case documentation and statistical reports according
to established timelines.
- Participates in community outreach programs as requested.
- Supervises youth as needed.
- Participates in and provides staff training. Other Functions:
Performs other duties as reasonable assigned by the YCS III or
Residential Services Manager. Physical Requirements: Must be able
to fulfill physical requirements like lifting, bending, cooking,
and cleaning. Able to transport youth safely in Oasis vehicles and
accompany youth on field trips and other recreational activities.
Must be able to use phone, write case notes and file.
- Associates degree in human services field or high school
diploma, GED or equivalency completion certification.
- At least one year experience working with troubled youth and
their families preferred. License, Certification and Screening:
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) requires those hired into this
position to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated for
COVID-19 (including any booster shots, if required) or must become
fully vaccinated within the first 30 days of employment. Failure to
provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will
result in the termination of your employment with LSF. Any
individuals subject to this requirement may submit for
consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based
on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by
LSF. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the
Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can
provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested
exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are
reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a
reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination
requirement is based, in part, on recently established government
requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and
effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and
our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members,
clients, and community. Skills: Must be well-organized, able to
work effectively with others, and have well-developed communication
skills. Requires computer literacy and ability to use word
processing software. Must be able to work with diverse populations
under stressful conditions. Demonstrates consistent dependability,
discretion and good judgment.
- Functions as team player with co-workers and
- Able to motivate and set expectations for Youth Care
- Submits accurate, complete and timely reports.
- Identifies and takes action on safety and security hazards and
facility and vehicle maintenance concerns.
- Adheres to all licensing and quality assurance standards.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures. Other: Must
demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's cultural and
socioeconomic characteristics and needs. Why work for LSF? Ability
to Make an Impact in Multiple Areas LSF offers several programs,
spanning across a wide range of populations in need. This gives our
team members an opportunity to learn and potentially work in
programs outside of their direct area. Either way, members of the
LSF family will play a part in transforming the lives of those in
need. Community A career at LSF means working and learning
alongside talented professionals in a dynamic and inclusive
environment. The values of our organization - OPEN-MINDED,
COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY and HONESTY - drives each one of
us. People working at Lutheran Services Florida treat each other
like family. Whether you work on the front lines or work in an
office, you share a common bond that is felt throughout the
organization. Growth Opportunities Because of the variety of
programs we offer throughout Florida, team members have the option
to explore areas of interest in other programs or grow within their
existing program/department. Amazing benefits package including :
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
- LifeMart Employee Discount Program Additional Voluntary
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage Lutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Education Required
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Fort Myers , Youth Care Specialist II (7202) - Fort Myers, FL, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!