Home Equity Mortgage Processor
Company: Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
* Performs tasks associated with processing home equity mortgage
loans. Completes tasks and meets all conditions associated with
loan approval according to MI and Credit Union guidelines.
* Performs verifications of employment, insurance, and calculations
of income, insurance premiums, and loans.
* Reviews and validates documents supporting application data,
including employment and income, analysis of tax returns, payment
history, liabilities, and real estate owned. Obtains corrections
and written explanations of any material differences from facts
shown on original application.
* Reviews title insurance commitments/O&E's, AVM's, and
appraisals for accuracy. Verifies adequate coverage of hazard and
* Updates loan origination system with verified information to
ensure complete and accurate documents and tracking.
* Proactively creates and maintains a close communication
relationship with all parties involved in the mortgage transaction
to ensure timely fulfillment of documentation requirements and
established SLA's. Answers mortgage applicants' questions, and
returns all phone calls and electronic communications in a timely
manner according to established performance standards and
benchmarks. Follows-up with members and vendors within prescribed
time frames for previously requested information in order to meet
* Responsible for accurate and compliant re-disclosures of loan
amount, term, rate, product, and closing costs.
* Reviews daily loan queue views to ensure files are worked
according to established performance standards and timeframes.
* Assists Service Centers with questions regarding consumer
mortgage applications in process.
Attends job-specific training classes as requested by manager.
Completes annual BSA/AML compliance training and understands
employee's role in maintaining an effective BSA/AML compliance
program, and completes FACT Act Red Flag training.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 1 or more years mortgage processing and/or closing experience.
Previous Home Equity or Fannie Mae experience preferred.
* Able to prioritize tasks, deal effectively with competing and
changing priorities, and meet deadlines. Accurate, detail-oriented,
and organized. Able to resolve routine problems and situations.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of Credit Union products,
services, policies, and procedures pertinent to the job.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance
necessary to successfully perform job responsibilities.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union computer
systems and software applications required to perform job
* Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal
skills in order to interact professionally and effectively with
members, staff, vendors, and government regulators. Able to
communicate information that requires some explanation or
* Work is closely supervised.
Safe Act Statement
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan
originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and
Registry (NMLS) and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry
before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain
and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update
registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and
to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by
applicable SAFE Act regulations and Suncoast Credit Union policies
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands and fingers to handle
or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Must be able to
lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Vision requirements include close
and classroom vision. Periodically required to travel by
automobile. Periodically required to work other than normal
Keywords: Suncoast Schools Federal Credit Union, Fort Myers , Home Equity Mortgage Processor, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!