Company: Fort Myers Memorial Gardens
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Overview Your dream job awaits you at Fort Myers Memorial
Gardens Funeral Home and Cemetery in Ft. Myers, FL! If you are
exhausted of going to work at a job with no opportunity for
advancement or are not being paid what you deserve, this
opportunity is for you! We are changing the culture of our
profession in a positive way and we want you to be a part of it.
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities at Ft.
Myers Funeral Home & Cemetery. We can't wait to speak with you
about the incredible reasons why you'll love it here. Benefits of
Working at Fort Myers Memorial Gardens:
- We are the preferred provider in our community. Passion is what
drives us to treat every family we serve as if they were our own, &
that includes our Ft. Myers family.
- We are a dynamic privately-owned funeral, cemetery, and
cremation company offering multiple opportunities for growth.
- We offer benefits including 401K, Health/Dental insurance, paid
vacations, and a positive environment.
- We are putting safety first! We continue to meet and exceed all
CDC mandated safeguards for the safety and health of our team. Why
Fort Myers, FL:
- The Weather in our area boasts an average annual high of 82.4
degrees and an average annual low temperature just under 65. No
snow nor ice, just beaches!
- Our region tops many major lists of the WORLD'S best beaches
including Naples, Marco Island, Sanibel and Bonita Beach.
- The housing market is solid, and our area is consistently
considered one of the best areas to ultimately enjoy your
retirement years. Here at Fort Myers Memorial Gardens we strive for
work and life: balanced. Ideas and innovation: invited. Employment
here is designed to transcend expectations. We pride ourselves on
providing careers that reward your passion for impacting the lives
of others with the culture to change yours. We are seeking a
Cemetery Caretaker. This position is responsible for the overall
appearance of cemetery, mausoleum and funeral home locations during
a seasonal period. The successful candidate will have a strong work
ethic and previous experience in a general labor or grounds keeping
type position. Responsibilities
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim around trees, walkways and
memorial markers, lay sod, move and remove flowers to and from
chapel and graveside
- Clear debris and maintain drives and walkways in safe
- Install vault face and prepare grave sites for interments
- Assemble tents/canopies and arrange chairs for graveside
- Prepare crypts for entombment
- Install grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintain and repair existing markers and other cemetery
- Locate grave sites and dig graves using backhoe without
damaging surrounding vaults, markers and monuments
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of funeral homes
and/or mausoleum facilities
- Clean and maintain facility, perform minor repairs, painting,
- Assist with loading and unloading caskets
- Assist with setting up chapel for services
- Help with preparation and setup for opening and closing
interments, entombments and inurnments Job
- Permit to operate equipment used at the facility as per local
- 6+ months of general labor or grounds keeping experience
- Valid driver's license Want to stay informed about new job
opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive
alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests! We are
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. PI160364268
Keywords: Fort Myers Memorial Gardens, Fort Myers , Cemetery Caretaker, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!