Company: Florida Gulf Coast University
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Digital Marketer is part of the FCGU Digital Communications
team that provides vision, leadership and oversight for the
University's websites and related digital marketing campaigns. This
position assists in a wide range of digital marketing activities;
to include conceptualization, design, and implementation of
marketing campaigns. Performs content management of the FGCU.edu
website. Supports SEO and SEM activities related to digital
campaigns and website content.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and
maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which
students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social
activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life
reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that
practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate
expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students
to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to
apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow
and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but not limited to:
- Uses the OmniUpdate/Modern Campus CMS to develop, design, and
manage web sites to support the organization's strategies and goals
relative to external communications, utilizing enterprise level
content management systems. Provides technical website
- Contributes to the design group's effort to enhance the appeal
of the organization's online offerings.
- Collaborates with departments and end users on web goals and
development needs. Ensures web design adheres to brand/template
- Serves as a liaison to stakeholders and team members to
incorporate best practices for building effective digital campaigns
across common social channels.
- Develops design concepts for implementation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and technical resource to
website editors. Assists with web, digital campaign, and, critical
- Stays abreast of current and emerging web and data-based
technologies, and digital marketing strategies through continuing
- Participates in the establishment of integrated web policies,
practices, and standards.
- Evaluates design elements to ensure proper structure and
compatibility with browsers and devices.
- Identifies problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback,
corrects problem or refers problem to appropriate personnel for
- May serve as a team leader and/or oversee the work of lower
level Website Designers.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Information
Technology, Digital Media, Web Development, Marketing or closely
- Two years of full-time, professional experience in website
development, digital campaign management, or SEO/SEM.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience planning, implementing, monitoring, and adjusting
digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience with website content management tools or related CMS
applications (such as OmniUpdate/Modern Campus, Wordpress,
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
- Experience working on high volume web publishing.
- Experience with semrush.com for digital campaign
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Experience using social media campaign manager
- Experience with end-user training
- Experience with SEO, analytics monitoring, and tools such as
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ADA accessibility standards.
- Knowledge of .NET, CSS, RSS, and associated web
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths
and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in
a team environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the
ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and
- Ability to translate business requirements, user goals, and
strategies into engaging user experiences.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse
group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to apply web design principles and technologies to the
creation and enhancement of integrated and complex web
- Ability to conceptualize and implement digital marketing
- Ability to write content for webpages, migrate old content, and
generate refreshed content.
Salary Range: $52,000 - $57,000
Keywords: Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers , Digital Marketer, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!