Resident Assistant (Caregiver)
Company: American House Holdings
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Resident Assistant Part-Time Weekends
Resident Assistant Position Summary
Residents Assistants are an essential part of our wellness team by
providing basic personal assistance to the residents in maintaining
their highest level of functional independence and psychosocial
wellness under the direction and supervision of a RN or LPN.
Resident Assistant Duties/Responsibilities:
- Providing companionship, building rapport and establishing a
trusting relationship with our residents
- Assisting residents in activities of daily living, to include
ambulation, transferring, showering, personal hygiene, incontinence
care, feeding, reminders, supervision.
- Gathering and assisting residents in activities, conducting
activities in groups or one-on-one with residents as
- Conducting daily tasks in a safe manner and for adhering to all
- Serves residents meals and after-meal cleanup.
- Assures that resident rooms are clean and tidy throughout each
day. Is responsible for resident laundry, as assigned.
- Observes residents and reporting any concerns, e.g., skin
breakdown, rash, behavioral changes, speech change, change in
appearance, etc., to Wellness Director.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire
protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous
waste, and quality assurance procedure.
- Communicate with family members, visitors, and volunteers in a
customer service-oriented manner.
- Report all changes in the resident's psychosocial and physical
condition, and in skin breakdown to the Wellness Director.
- Report all complaints, grievances, and instances of abuse to
the Wellness Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Answer all emergency response system calls immediately.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork as required.
- Participate in Wellness meetings and mandatory trainings to
ensure compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Ensure compliance to American House's Mission and philosophy as
well as all written policies and procedures that govern the
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policies and
procedures and as instructed by the Wellness Director, as well as
other members of the leadership team.Resident Assistant Required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both
residents and staff
- Ability to lift, pull, push, carry 40 pounds and to move about
the community quickly in order to provide emergency assistance to
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and co-workers,
transports patients and equipment as appropriate.Resident Assistant
- Experience working with Seniors
- CNA certification
- Previous experience in Assisted Living or Memory CareResident
Assistant Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent educational experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, TB
test and physicalCompany Overview
Founded in 1979, American House Senior Living Communities' vision
is to provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable
for retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has
endured for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a
number of senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the
lives of those we serve, providing an environment that fosters
meaningful relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior
housing company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder
value, with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided
by compassionate people.
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: American House Holdings, Fort Myers , Resident Assistant (Caregiver), Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!