Youth Care Specialist - Sign on Bonus ! (7213)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 11, 2022
#nowhiringLutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world
where children are safe, families are strong and communities are
vibrant.LSF is looking for talented Youth Care Specialists who
wants to make an impact in the lives of youth ages 10-17! -Flexible
schedules required! Looking for night and weekends workers. -
-HOURS NEEDED: - 7a-3p, -3p-11p, 11p-7aWe're offering SIGN-ON
BONUSES!$1000 SIGN-ON BONUS (paid in two increments at 3 and 6
months of employment).This position is located in Ft. Myers!Purpose
& Impact:This is a direct service delivery position. The Youth Care
Specialist supervises residents, provides quality care, ensures a
safe and secure environment and transports and accompanies
residents with outside activities. You will be the role model and
encourage each resident to pursue educational growth as well as
everyday life skills.A Day in the Life of a -Youth Care
- Provide supportive environment for youth.
- Provide daily security and up-keep of facility.
- As directed, participate in the implementation and monitoring
of client case plans.
- Participate in various in-service training sessions.
- Attend staff meetings, as directed.
- Assist with supervision of residents during activities.
- Effectively manages behavior and supervision of residents
- Assign and supervise chores.
- Prepare meals as needed.
- Screen clients, conduct initial intakes and administer client
satisfaction surveys when so directed.
- Complete required initial paperwork for clients.
- Oversee shelter clients self-administering all medication.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QualificationsPhysical
- Ability and flexibility to work extended hours and be flexible
- Valid state driver's license and proof of auto
insuranceEducation:Must possess a high school diploma or
equivalentExperience:Experience working with youth/troubled youth
in an organized/structured setting preferred.Skills/Abilities: - -
- Dependability, discretion, and good judgement are
- Ability to establish effective relationships with clients,
co-workers and the general public.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Team player with co-workers and administrators
- Certified CPR/First Aid, crisis intervention within the first
90 days of employmentWhy work for LSF?LSF offers 60 programs across
the state of Florida serving a wide range of populations in need.
-Mission Driven staff members become part of the LSF community
while transforming the lives of those in need. Our staff
additionally find growth opportunities as they explore areas of
interest within the -organization. - -Amazing benefits package
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursementLutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity -employer.
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Fort Myers , Youth Care Specialist - Sign on Bonus ! (7213), Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!