Asset Protection Captain, Ft Myers - Full Time
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: September 17, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's.
The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. Our
industry-leading Asset Protection team uses the latest technology
and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect Macy's bottom
line. Develop your skills with opportunities to specialize in areas
such as Investigations, Organized Retail Crime, and Asset
Protection Training. Join a team of colleagues who are committed to
excellence and leadership development. Job Overview: The Asset
Protection Captain's primary responsibility is to train, educate,
and supervise staff in detecting and preventing theft of company
property. Train and coach Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff
on apprehension. Support store's efforts in providing the best
customer service within a controlled environment so as to ensure
maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable. Macy's uses a
scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the
creation of their work schedules by managing availability and
identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak
selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our
associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the
interview process. Essential Functions:
- Select, train, develop, and supervise Asset Protection / Loss
Prevention staff on detecting and preventing theft of company
- Develop, implement, and communicate programs to prevent theft
amongst customers and employees.
- Participate in initial orientation and on-going training
including the computer, surveillance, and alarm systems.
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first
aid and minimize company liability.
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters who commit
fraud or other criminal acts against the company.
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property
of any customer or associate that is committed on company
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft
incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits,
and other activities as assigned by the AP/LP Manager.
- Be an expert of and maintain strict compliance with the law and
company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures,
and the preservation of evidence.
- Successfully complete all security training requirements and
maintain personal certifications as required by law.
- Conduct and oversee audits to ensure sales department
compliance to merchandise exposure standards and asset
- Develop and maintain relationship with local law enforcement to
facilitate maximum coordination for potential criminal cases.
- Testify in court concerning any case, criminal or civil,
wherein the company is a party of interest to which the Asset
Protection / Loss Prevention Detective is summoned.
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance
as directed by Store AP/LP Manager.
- Responds to alarm conditions at assigned store.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping,
kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits. Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click
here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Fort Myers , Asset Protection Captain, Ft Myers - Full Time, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!