Maintenance engineer II
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of
retail is changing, and change requires innovation. With endless
opportunities, you can begin anywhere and go everywhere at Macy's.
Join a team of colleagues who are committed to excellence and
leadership development. We want talent like you.
The Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical structure
and equipment of the store is in good working order. Other
responsibilities include performing preventative maintenance and
emergency, corrective and routine repairs in electrical,
mechanical, fire/life safety, plumbing, and HVAC equipment.
Maintain effective communication with the Chief Engineer and Store
Management. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life
safety systems and associated equipment to maximize efficiency
- Perform emergency, corrective and routine repairs of HVAC,
electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire/life safety systems and
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and systems per the
- Maintain routine records of all inspections, preventive
maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system to
ensure compliance with state and federal agencies and local fire
- Maintain EPA Universal Certification and knowledge of all
current legislation and requirements as they relate to the EPA
Regulations and the South Coast Air Quality District Regulations
pertaining to "CFC" and refrigerant handling laws.
- Work day, evening, night, weekends, and as required by
emergency situations when directed by the Chief Engineer, Regional
Facilities Director or Sr. Mgr Facilities.
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Minimum of two years of related experience. In-depth knowledge
of HVAC systems is preferred with EPA certification and
- Strong knowledge and experience in electrical systems,
plumbing, mechanical equipment and the maintenance of this
- Must possess a working knowledge of personnel safety and safety
- May support one or more locations, and regularly travel between
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for and here to . Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Candidates in Nevada: Click here
Keywords: Macy's, Fort Myers , Maintenance engineer II, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!