In Store Equipment Maintenance Mechanic
Company: The Home Depot
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 26, 2022
MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES OF FORT MYERS, FL
Position Purpose:The position of Maintenance Service Professional
provides commercial and industrial minor equipment repair and
preventive maintenance services in big box retailers and other
facilities. In some markets, the role also includes but is not
limited to general facilities' maintenance and the removal of
refrigerant for recycling.Representative equipment may include, but
is not limited to, paint shakers devices, blind cutting machines,
mobility carts, power stocker lifts, dock plates, pipe threader,
ladders, wood saws, tile saws, wire and carpet carousels,
compactors, bailers, densifier maintenance, pre-crusher and light
general light construction repairs such as general carpentry,
painting, light electrical, plumbing, shopping and lumber carts,
pipe threaders, carpet cutters and power stock loaders.The
technician generally conducts maintenance and minor repairs in
various locations within a reasonable radius of their home and
drives a company vehicle.
- 30% - Administrative & Communication - Utilize company
technology platform to document all work performed on equipment,
including labor and parts. Accurately maintain, report and store
parts inventory. Files expense reports. Complete and organize tech
stock replenishment into company vehicle. Proactively communicate
with business partners and leaders regarding customer needs, parts
and servicing of equipment to provide excellent customer service.
Effectively communicate with customers regarding service requested
and provided. Complete all required training.
- 10% - Compliance and Safety - Perform all work and assignments
in accordance with proper safety practices. Adhere to all THD and
Safety rules and regulations. Use sound judgment to address and
eliminate safety related issues. Comply with company safety,
driving and vehicle standards. Complete pre and post vehicle
- 60% - Preventive Maintenance & Light Repairs - Complete light
industrial equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on
equipment found in big box retailers. Respond to on-site
preventative maintenance service calls. Conduct day to day
maintenance and repairs independently while adhering to required
safety standards. Conduct preventive maintenance, light repairs,
light electrical and general carpentry. Perform general preventive
maintenance tasks including but limited to inspections / greasing /
operation checks / etc. and replacement of minor parts such as
wheels / ladder / safety locks / etc. Troubleshoot and problem
solve minor equipment issues. Travel between store location as
needed. Some travel may require an overnight stay. Perform other
responsibilities and duties as required.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to the Region Equipment Services Mgr
- This position has no direct reports
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes which cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Employee occasionally climb equipment and work at heights up to
- Ability to lift or handle materials or equipment up to
- Working conditions are indoors and outdoors including exposure
to extreme temperatures, working around fumes, oils and chemicals.
Exposure to loud noises, tools and equipment. Periods of prolonged
standing or walking.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Basic Mechanical aptitude/ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Medium proficiency required in the use of electronic technology
- Tablets / Smart Phone / Laptop.
- Must have Valid driver's license for the state in which you
live and work. Good driving record - ability to pass the MVR
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years relevant work experience such as but limited to general
- Basic electrical experience.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and parts list.
- EPA 608 Certified is a plus.
- Minimal or no educational requirement for this job.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- No previous leadership experience
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Builds Networks
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
Pay Rate: -Required
Keywords: The Home Depot, Fort Myers , In Store Equipment Maintenance Mechanic, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!