PCA Personal Care Assistant
Company: Pacifica Senior Living
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 26, 2022
_*Pacifica Senior Living is looking for a Personal Care
Assistant to join our team!*_
Pacifica Senior Living is a dynamic growing senior living company
that provides elegant senior living throughout the United States.
We are always seeking highly motivated, focused, and determined
people to join our team! Our Senior Living options include:
Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing,
Namaste Therapy, Hospice, Home Health, and Personalized Living.
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Read and implement care/activities of daily living (ADLs)
according to the resident service plan within the scope of practice
of certification or licensure. Effectively works within
professional scope of practice per state laws, regulations, and
* Respond to resident needs, pendant calls, and other community
alarms in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates empathy and develops caring rapport with residents.
Promotes resident independence and self-care.
* Delivers care and services in accordance with individual service
plan for all assigned residents.
* Maintains accurate and complete records of care delivered.
* At the start of each shift conducts a visual safety check on all
assigned residents and at the end of each shift, effectively
communicate (written or verbal) resident status with next
* Communicates change of condition in any resident to nursing in a
timely and effective manner.
* Completes incident reports accurately and timely. Understands
policies pertaining to safety and infection control and
demonstrates practices to control the spread of communicable
illnesses. Promotes a clean, orderly, and safe environment. Assist
housekeeping and maintenance staff to keep the community and
resident property clean.
* Recognizes, responds to, and reports concerns in resident's
environment to ensure safety and comfort of resident.
* Demonstrates behavior, which maintains and respects resident
rights and promotes independence, regardless of race, religion,
lifestyle, sexual preference, and disease process.
* Addresses individual behavioral needs of the resident and
demonstrates the ability to identify psychosocial needs.
* High school diploma or equivalent certificate
* Must possess valid First Aid Certifications and, according to
state regulations, may need to possess current CPR, Certified
Nursing Assistant Certification, state certifications, and pass an
examination and/or skills evaluation.
* Reads, writes, speaks, and understands English at the level
necessary for performing duties.
We offer a competitive starting wage along with a comprehensive
employee benefits package that includes, but is not limited to:
* Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
* Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
* A positive working environment
* Growth Potential
The above statements are intended to be generally descriptive but
not exhaustive of all functions. The omission of a specific duty
does not exclude it from the position if work is similar, related,
or logically assigned. Moreover, the description is subject to
change as the needs of the employer or position change. The
employer is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will
comply with the ADA to make reasonable accommodation to qualified
individuals. Qualified individuals are encouraged to discuss
potential accommodations with the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Our facility practices COVID safety guidelines that include but not
limited to: daily COVID screening before start of shift, bi-weekly
COVID testing, and proper PPE worn at all times.
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Pacifica Senior Living, Fort Myers , PCA Personal Care Assistant, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!