Boilermaker Journey Person - Onshore - US
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Boilermakers with extensive
experience working outages in the power generation industry.
Authorization to work in the US without sponsorship is
- Locates and marks reference points for columns or plates on
foundation, sing master straight edge, squares, transit and
measuring tape and applying knowledge of geometry.
- Attaches rigging or signals crane operator to lift components
to specified position.
- Aligns structures or plates sections to assemble boiler frame,
tanks or vats sing plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs or turnbuckles.
- Hammers, flame-cuts, files grinds irregular edges of sections
or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together.
- Bolts or arc-welds structures and sections together. Positions
drums and headers into supports or bolts or welds supports to
- Aligns water tubes, connects and expands ends to drums and
headers using tube expander.
- Bolts or welds casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles and
such fabricated parts as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding
tube, cat walks, ladders, coal hoppers and safety hatch to frame
Skills / Qualifications
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the
technical duties and essential functions as identified above.
- Must be able to move in and around confined and uneven
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age.
- May be required consistently to work 12 hour shifts performing
construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Fort Myers , Boilermaker Journey Person - Onshore - US, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!