Library & Information Science Graduate Student Intern
Company: Florida Gulf Coast University
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) Library seeks applicants for an internship to staff Ask-A-Librarian, their online research help service. The FGCU Library internship provides current and recently graduated Library & Information Science students with hands-on experience providing research assistance in an academic library environment. Interns will receive training and support from a librarian supervisor to assist users through the Ask-A-Librarian chat reference service. Additionally, interns will work in collaboration with their supervisor to complete projects.
The FGCU Library Internship Program seeks to provide meaningful work experiences in a professional environment. BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) Library & Information Science students and recent graduates are highly encouraged to apply.
The internship will be conducted remotely. Interns residing in the Fort Myers area may have the option to conduct project work on the FGCU campus.
Essential Job Duties:
* Provide research assistance to users via chat reference
* Make referrals to the appropriate FGCU Librarian or staff member.
* Complete projects as assigned
* Meet with supervisor regularly attend department or other relevant team meeting
* Other Job Duties as Assigned
Additional Job Description
* Must be currently enrolled in a Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent program in the state of Florida, or have graduated from an MLS program within the past year and be a U.S. resident
* Demonstrated effective communication skills
* Ability to work evenings and/or weekends
* Must have a computer and reliable Internet service
* Must be a Florida resident
* Coursework or experience in reference/research services
* Ability to evaluate, understand, refer, and respond to research questions
* Strong commitment to service
Applications will be accepted through October 1, 2022. Please submit a cover letter, resume, graduate transcripts, or letter of acceptance to graduate program.
Hourly Rate: $20.00/hr
Keywords: Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers , Library & Information Science Graduate Student Intern, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
here to apply!