Company: D.R. Horton, Inc.
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: April 14, 2019
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded
in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock
Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high
quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first
time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing
and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title
subsidiaries. ?Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for
more information.D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an
Escrow Assistant for their Financial Services Escrow Branch. ?The
right candidate will be responsible for the timely preparation of
all escrow files and ordering all information necessary for the
closing of escrow transactions.? Essential Duties and
- Ability to perform all tasks of the Escrow Receptionist
- Prepare and send opening letters and ?thank you?
acknowledgements to all parties
- Order title commitments and distribute to all parties
- Order and update payoff/assumption statements as requested
- Prepare receipts for all funds received from Customers and/or
- Order wire transfers and provide wiring instruction
- Clear title requirements
- Prepare loan packages for return to lender
- Prepare simple cash and seller carryback pre-audits
- Assist branch manager with administrative tasks as
- Open refinance orders
- Receive builder report, order survey, contact the lender,
obtain hazard insurance, enter basic order information on automated
system, obtain HOA information, schedule and coordinate times for
- Prepare copies for disbursement and closing transmittals
- Assist Closer/Escrow Officer with final policy disbursement, as
- Monitor termite inspection requests and other required
- On a limited basis, answer Customers? questions and/or
telephone calls concerning the administrative process of the
parties? transactions; and answer real estate agents? questions
and/or telephone calls concerning the status of their pending
- Cancel files according to office procedure
- In addition to the above duties, the escrow assistant may have
post closing job responsibilities:
- Assist with pre-closing files: Assure that all information is
accurate and matches the original Purchase Contract, e.g. zip
codes, property address, spelling of names, marital status of
buyers, reading Surveys for encroachments, if any, etc.
- Prepare and ship closing packages: Assure that each package is
complete and properly signed by all parties.
- Prepare documents for recording in different Counties: Assure
that documents sent for recording fulfill not only the Recording
Regulations, but also the Lenders'.?
- Prepare both Loan and Owners' Policies and mail them out
- Prepare endorsements to Policy, when applicable.
- Responsible for whereabouts of closing files
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative tasks.
- Keep checkbook for Fee account and maintain control of the
mailing stamps machine.
- Customer Service - Take calls from lenders, buyers, attorneys,
realtors, insurance companies and others are handled on a daily
basis.??????Education and/or Experience ?? Associate's degree (A.
A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or?six
months to one year?related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Come join?a
winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and
are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our
success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision,
medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's
Builder. Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter?and like us
Keywords: D.R. Horton, Inc., Fort Myers , Escrow Assistant, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!