Sr. Lending Officer
Company: Bank of America
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: August 13, 2019
At Bank of America, were guided by a common purpose to help make
financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the
resources they need to be successful. Make a difference where it
counts by joining our industry-leading Consumer Lending team at
Bank of America and Merrill Lynch. Were looking for people with
focus and drive people who take the time to get to know clients,
engage with them to understand whats important to them, and provide
the lending solutions, service and expertise they need to achieve
their financial goals.
As part of the Bank of America team, senior lending officers (Sr.
LOs) have access to industry leading products and services, award
winning platforms and a team of dedicated loan coordinators and
underwriters all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our
clients. Sr. LOs continually identify, develop and maintain a
quality network of business relationships that serve as a recurring
source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. They
also partner closely with financial center employees as part of one
team that delivers exceptional client care.
The Sr. LO is responsible for originating retail mortgage loans and
other lending products through uncovering client needs and matching
them to our lending solutions. Contact with clients may be either
by telephone or in-person. The Sr. LO proactively solicits new
residential mortgage business and sells Bank of America lending
products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements.
Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in
residential loan mortgage originations must register with the
federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since your
position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to
register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check
and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE
Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and
Well help you
- Get training and one-on-one coaching from managers who are
invested in your success. Youll take part in additional training
and development through our Academy to develop in your
- Grow your network to eventually grow your business. Leverage
our relationships with one out of two U.S. households. Starting at
a financial center, youll interact with banking clients and small
business owners alike. Youll also tap into a range of experts, from
small business bankers to financial solutions advisors.
- Provide end-to-end comprehensive lending guidance and solutions
to prospective borrowers by uncovering their life priorities,
analyzing financial and credit data, and determining client
- Stay informed on changing market conditions, business trends
and regulatory requirements by maintaining thorough knowledge of
lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional ethics, as well as
conform to all federal and state compliance policies and adhering
to Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) requirements.
As a senior lending officer, you can look forward to
- Providing exceptional client care with industry-leading
products, services, education and a dedicated team of loan
coordinators and underwriters.
- Building a quality external network of business relationships
that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage
lending opportunities. Sources may consist of real estate
professionals, builders, and professional and personal
- Expanding your reach further through participation in business
related development opportunities, community efforts to promote
homeownership and professional organizations.
- Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with
- Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills as the
industry evolves and changes.
- A world-class suite of employee benefits.
Youre a person who (required skills)
- Has 2+ years of experience in a loan origination role with a
focus on generating self-sourced business through a verifiable,
established network of referral sources.
- Understands how to manage pipeline effectively.
- Has a strong knowledge of loan products (conventional, jumbo
- Has the ability to analyze income and assets properly in order
to qualify clients for specific loan products.
- Understands processing, underwriting and/or closing
- Has a working knowledge of federal regulations governing real
- Can work independently.
- Is a strong communicator, both verbally and in
- Is self-motivated and highly organized.
- Can prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles, communication methods
and approaches to gain clients.
- Understands the connection of the level of service provided
being directly correlated to driving sales volume.
- Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as
Youll be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Familiarity with FHA and HUD guidelines.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft applications and
previous experience using laptop technology for communication
purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize,
prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data
and provide financial alternatives.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
- An ability to take ownership and accountability and can
- Adaptability and can demonstrate flexibility.
- A positive attitude.
- Effective communication styles.
Were a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is
welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance
their careers. Along with taking care of our clients, we want to be
a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an
environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve
- Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect,
connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to
help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of
working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting
communities around the world by connecting them to the lending,
investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per
Keywords: Bank of America, Fort Myers , Sr. Lending Officer, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!