Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search for a
Material Handler in Fort Myers. This position is a long-term temp
assignment with the possibility to become permanent for the right
candidate. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please
Daily, following established procedures, utilizing automated and
manual systems, receive, transport, store, pickup and deliver a
variety of palletized and non-palletized shipments, packages and
other goods, within and outside headquarters facilities
- Unloads and counts shipments from trucks into receiving
- Checks in and logs shipments, matching information on receivers
to that on/in boxed shipments.?
- Sorts, labels and delivers shipments from receiving area to
designated storage and distribution areas, mailroom and
- Picks up and relocates furniture, equipment and supplies
to/from departments in headquarters complex of various buildings
and storage locations on and off site.
- Working with standard hand and power tools, assembles and
places office furniture.
- Help with the install of panel furniture to accommodate small
to medium sized reconfigurations and relocations.
- Sets up and takes down tables, chairs in specified
configurations for events.
- Maintains storage areas in good order (office supplies, MIS
supplies, production center supplies, both central and distributed,
furniture, sample sales and corporate record areas.
- Backs up Mail Center Attendants in the sorting and delivery of
general mail to HQ buildings. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to operate order picker and forklift and become
- Mechanical ability enough to learn how to effectively operate
hand and power tools and other equipment.?
- Familiarity with shipping couriers, their services and
- Detail orientation, with the ability to learn, retain, follow
and communicate policies and procedures correctly, perform all
tasks with extreme accuracy, and adapt to changing
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to interact
effectively with all levels of internal and external customers in a
pleasant, courteous and efficient manner.?
- Ability to operate a PC; familiarity with Microsoft
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cooperative team
with other Administrative Services staff and other company
- Ability to project and maintain consistent professional
appearance and behavior.
- Ability to work standing close to 100% of the time, and perform
duties requiring frequent bending, and lifting, and carrying up to
50 pounds independently and heavier packages with assistance.?
- Ability to consistently and reliably work 8:00-4:30 p.m. with
some shift variation and overtime as needed. Equal Opportunity
Adecco is the world---s largest provider of staffing solutions. But
it---s not our size that makes us different, it---s our unwavering
commitment to the businesses, job seekers and communities we
serve.--Every day, we propel job seekers forward in their career
and help America---s top employers attract, develop and manage the
very best talent. Job seekers--rely on us for exciting temporary,
temp-to-perm and permanent opportunities, as well as career
resources and advice. Businesses throughout the country and across
all industries count on us for access to more than 9 million
qualified candidates and an ability to deliver proactive and
actionable insight into the economy and the job market. We also
sponsor community and nationwide community service events to ensure
opportunities for all.--We are proud of the fact that we connect
more people with more jobs than anyone else, and know how important
what we do is - not only to the economy and job market, but also to
the lives and communities we touch
Keywords: Adecco, Fort Myers , Material Handler, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!