Company: Creighton Construction
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are a privately held, leading Commercial Developer and
Construction Contractor for the construction industry. Based in
Southwest Florida, we are growing and as a result we are seeking an
experienced Lead Estimator to lead the existing Estimating Team!
The Lead Estimator will be responsible for overseeing the drawing
review, RFI's, value engineering, bidding, receiving and qualifying
bids. Responsibilities will include:
- Reviews and evaluates project plans and specifications, bid
documents, and other relevant project documents for accuracy and
- Analyzes projects for value engineering options while taking
into account specific job conditions that may affect labor and
material to be purchased and installed.
- Identifies any inconsistent issues, conflicts, and other
problems in the drawings and bid documents.
- Identifies strategies to create bid advantages.
- Assures productivity by effectively managing his/her time and
overseeing the department.
- Establishes and maintains high performance and quality
- Reviews and evaluates bid documents to determine scope of work
and profitability for the Company.
- Anticipates potential problems; is proactive and provides
- Prepares RFI questions to resolve conflicts and problems.
- Oversees and manages the requests for material and equipment
quotes from vendors and equipment suppliers. Reviews quotes to
confirm adherence to quote requests and accuracy of quotes
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with
- Prepares bid documents including specific scope letter for each
project, Blue Sheets and Evaluations with adjustments for buy-outs,
labor rate, productivity, etc.
- Oversee proposition as well as complete and accurate project
- Conduct a weekly estimating meeting, and project meetings to
review bid status, and present/solve obstacles.
- May perform job walks to ensure that any field conditions have
been observed that may affect the construction, may impact the
prospective bid, and/or may impact the pre-construction designs and
the build services.
- Keeps Company management, project management, clients, general
contractors, and all others involved in projects current on bid
- Is a team player - a positive, well-organized, proactive force
to support profit and growth of the Company.
- Communicates effectively with office personnel, engineers,
architects, general contractors, customers, and team members.
- Is courteous and cordial to our customers.
- Ensures that the Company's best interests are represented,
including profitability and cost control.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects under deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Mathematical reasoning skills
- Proficiency in MS Project, Word and Excel along with other
office software program utilized for project oversight Benefits
- Medical, Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation time
- Competitive Salary PI175542425
Keywords: Creighton Construction, Fort Myers , Lead Estimator, Professions , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!