BIM/VDC Plumbing Coordinator
Company: B & I Contractors, Inc
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Free Medical 100% company paid base plan for all employees! *HSA
*Dental *Vision *Life Insurance *Short and Long Term Disability
*401K Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) *Paid Time Off with Pay
(PTO)*Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) *Wellness Incentives
*Learning and Career Advancement Training *Apprenticeship Programs
Our company is seeking an experienced BIM/VDC Coordinator
professional who will be responsible for developing detailed
drawings in accordance with our company's Plumbing piping
standards. The position carries the responsibility to ensure that
the work is implemented effectively within cost, schedule, and
accuracy parameters. The position carries the responsibility to
ensure completing accurate and coordinated shop drawings as well as
assisting the plumbing departments with spool drawings and material
take offs from the shop drawings.
Job Responsibilities:Design Standards -
- Works in conformity with company Plumbing CAD Standards and
- Participates in the improvement of company's Plumbing CAD
Standards and detailing practices.
Software Proficiency -
- Possesses a working knowledge and ability to use Revit and
Fabrication CADMEP to produce accurate production level
- Has proficiency or shows willingness and initiative to learn
advanced BIM tools.
- Stays up to date on current and future software development to
Detailing Proficiency -
- Establishes drawings and document format required to complete
- Understands and complies with job specific scope and
- Verifies that all drawings are complete to a constructible
- Consistently reviews shop drawings to ensure quality and
accuracy prior to distribution to the field.
- Creates accurate record drawings from red- lined field
- Creates clean, usable working backgrounds.
Interdepartmental communications -
- Communicate with Project Supervision to determine detailing
- Participates in project coordination efforts and coordinate
changes into drawings.
Communication Skills -
- Communicate effectively and keep open lines of communication
with CAD Manager and Field Team.
- Communicate any outstanding job or departmental issues with the
- Participates in department meetings and communicates ideas for
- A.A. degree in design/drafting or equivalent work
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in commercial
- Proficiency with software tools including, AutoCAD, Navisworks,
Revit, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other related 3D detailing
- Demonstrates and displays honesty, integrity and personal
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work
- Ability to interface with construction industry professionals
with professionalism and credibility.
- High achievement orientation and work ethic.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Passion for construction industry.
- Good judgment and common sense.
- Actively participates in open, honest, and effective
communication with company personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrates an attitude that fosters teamwork.
- Demonstrates forthrightness and the ability to proceed straight
ahead, and be frank and candid, with open, honest and in-depth
communication - Speak freely.
- Deals with issues effectively; demonstrates resilience and
quickly recovers from adverse issues.
- Develops strong personal relationships and hold peers in our
organization personally accountable for their duties and
- Accepts change as a necessary process for successful execution
of our projects.
- Shows a willingness to share knowledge with others.
- Always asks for help or assistance when needed.
Safety Awareness:Follow company safety regulations. Complete proper
safety training as determined by Department Manager and Safety
Physical Requirements:Must be able to hear and speak clearly with
professional standard grammar. Must be able to walk, stand, sit,
stoop, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, push, pull, lift and
carry up to 30 lbs., must have dexterity of fingers (or mechanical
substitutions).Free Medical 100% company paid base plan for all
employees! *HSA *Dental *Vision *Life Insurance *Short and Long
Term Disability *401K Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) *Paid
Time Off with Pay (PTO)*Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
*Wellness Incentives *Learning and Career Advancement Training
*Apprenticeship Programs and More!
Keywords: B & I Contractors, Inc, Fort Myers , BIM/VDC Plumbing Coordinator, Professions , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!