IT Technician I (On-site from Day One)
Company: Kyra Solutions Inc
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Do you want to make an impact on the world around you? The work
we do at Kyra Solutions directly impacts government entities and
the citizens they serve. In Transportation, our solutions are
designed to save lives on the roadways and in our Regulatory
practice, we are designing solutions to make government digital for
your accessibility. Kyra works hard to offer long-term growth
potential, competitive wages, and continuous professional
development for our employees.
Join Our Team
If you are interested in furthering your career with Kyra and help
us improve the way governments serve their citizens, please send
your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include salary
expectation, availability, and contact information. You do not want
to miss this opportunity!
IT Technician I (On-site from Day One)
* Create reports on all help calls and responses to include fixed
and outstanding items with details on what replacement parts were
* Maintains a working knowledge of the telephone system and
coordinates as needed with the telephone contractor.
* Inventory all computer system hardware parts monthly to ensure
application/systems is operating at 100%.
* Perform functions as directed by the IT Manager to include any
routine and nonroutine functions.
* Informally train users in basic computer skills as needed.
* Install and load all functions of any new workstation when
purchased, to include the communications link to the network
* Perform hardware and software upgrades.
* Create weekly reports on all help desk calls and responses to
include fixed and outstanding items with details on what
replacement parts were needed.
* Conduct daily backups for all critical systems and ensure these
are available in case systems need to be restored.
* Monitor Video Wall to comply with 100% system availability.
* Monitor video feeds from other partners to ensure their display
on the Video Wall at all times.
* Monitor website to ensure all functions are operational.
* May develop and recommend policies and procedures for effective
information security management.
* May provide input into the configuration, support, and
maintenance of the IT and network systems.
* May evaluate or assist in the evaluation of computer networking
and telecommunication systems.
* May complete or assist in the completion of installs,
configuration, and maintenance of both physical and virtual
computer servers, maintenance of employee network, e-mail and card
key access accounts, performs other related duties as assigned.
* May develop or assist in development of configuration management
plans and their implementation.
* Perform routine and non-routine functions as directed by IT
* Assist users with basic computer skills as needed.
* Perform any additional tasks as assigned by the Project Manager,
Manager or IT Manager.
* All other tasks assigned by the client.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Have a professional A+ certificate or Network + certificate.
* Troubleshoot and resolve most routine problems with computer
* Ability to communicate the circumstances of software or hardware
problems to other technicians.
* Skills in interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to clearly communicate technical information in
* Ability and willingness to work alternate work schedules and be
"on-call" 24 hours/day.
* Ability to create daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports
regarding system availability and help desk calls.
* Ability to prepare clear and concise written communications.
* Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written
* Knowledge of configuration management principles and
* Knowledge of ITS devices, networks and systems.
* Ability to Configure and maintain data networks and servers.
* Ability to implement LAN/WAN maintenance and management
* Experience installing and supporting Microsoft server
* Knowledge of network security practices.
* Ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to
clients and staff, read, interpret and apply technical
* Ability to research technical manuals and guides to respond to
* Ability to prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and
coordinate a variety of activities and projects.
* Ability to learn new software and hardware packages.
* Ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with all those contacted during the course of
* High school degree or equivalent with a secondary education in
computer science or the equivalent or one years of experience in
the operations of a computer operations center or computer helpdesk
Fort Myers, FL
Founded in 1997, Kyra Solutions is a national leader of
transportation technology and regulatory solutions in government.
We specialize in the art and science of digital transformation in
government. Our commitment to providing the highest level of
service and tailored solutions has supported our consistent
double-digit growth for over a decade. We are headquartered in the
greater Tampa Bay area with other offices across Florida and an
innovation center in Silicon Valley, CA.
Because of our dedication to our employees, we have won one of the
Best Companies to Work for in Florida 2 years in a row by Florida
Trend magazine. Kyra has won other numerous awards including the
coveted INC magazine's one of America's Fastest Growing Companies
several years in a row. Kyra's commitment to our employees, to best
practices in project management and business analysis, and to
solution development has led to our achievement in becoming the
first Project Management Institute certified company in Florida.
Our proven successful track record has resulted in several
prestigious awards including the State of Florida's Diversity
Business of the Year Award. We are proud to be a sponsor for the
TaxWatch Productivity Awards and partner to Florida TaxWatch. Visit
our website for more information.
Background & References
Verifiable professional references will be required along with the
resume; however, references will be checked/contacted after the
interview and before the project starts. Level two background check
will be done on the selected candidate for employment, criminal
(State & Federal), education, and others as mandated by the client.
Please make sure your resume and all other information provided are
accurate. Any misrepresentation will mean permanent
disqualification by the client. Equal employment opportunity
Keywords: Kyra Solutions Inc, Fort Myers , IT Technician I (On-site from Day One), Professions , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!