Company: U.S. Renal Care
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 23, 2023
USRC's greatest strength in being a leader in the dialysis
industry is our ability to recognize and celebrate the differences
in our diverse workforce. We strongly believe in recruiting top
talent and creating a diverse and inclusive work climate and
culture at all levels of our organization. The Biomedical
Technician is responsible for overseeing the overall operational
condition, maintenance and repair of all water treatment equipment,
all medical equipment and mechanical/electrical systems to ensure
patient safety and the safety of all staff operating such equipment
for their assigned clinic(s). ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor
- Assist with purchasing as needed: place orders, perform weekly
and month end inventory counts.
- Be familiar with the overall procedures used in Inventory
Control (FIFO) and assist in the documentation and control of
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the clinic.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain equipment as recommended by
- Repair, calibrate, test, clean and disinfect dialysis machines,
water distribution loop and RO's according to protocol.
- Perform water quality checks to include but not limited to:
free chlorine, total chlorine, and water hardness testing.
- Perform safety checks and tests on all pretreatment water
equipment including but not limited to carbon tanks, water
softeners, RO units, UV lamps and ultrafilters.
- Collect samples of RO water and dialysate for microbiology
testing according to protocol.
- Collect water samples for AAMI analysis testing according to
- Disinfection of central bicarbonate system and mixing tank
according to protocol.
- Disinfection of RO, distribution system, and hemodialysis
machines according to protocol.
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by
and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform electrical safety on dialysis machines and related
- Be familiar with instruction manuals and operation for
equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations. Be
capable of starting up and shutting down facility's equipment if
- Maintain established preventative maintenance programs and
required support documentation.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records for the facility's
- Have knowledge of the function and safe operation of water
treatment equipment and related mechanical and electrical
- Address physical environment issues which could impact patient
and staff safety.
- Mix bicarbonate solution according to protocol. Mix acid
concentrate solution according to protocol.
- Assist in receiving, storing and stocking of supplies.
- Be familiar with all emergency equipment and emergency
- Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective
equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with OSHA regulations.
- Update Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) as required.
- Be aware of all contracts and contacts necessary for the
emergency repair of the clinic's equipment and mechanical
- Obtain quotes from reputable and approved contractors as needed
to address physical environment issues.
- Present technical summaries in QAPI meetings.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with
Administrator(s). Partner with Administrator(s) to ensure clinic
needs are met.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Respond effectively to inquiries or concerns.
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
- Complete initial and annual technical training on clinical
staff as required.
- Instruct staff in use and care of equipment and answer
- Participate in team concepts and promote a team effort.
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Fort Myers , Biomed Technician, Professions , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!