Company: B & I Contractors Inc.
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Job DescriptionROLE SUMMARY:The Learning Designer will be an integral member of our Human Resources team in the delivery of strategic training and development initiatives. He/she will assist in analyzing training and development needs for individuals and departments across the company.The Learning Designer will determine the most appropriate and effective instructional methods and perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs.He/she will partner with the other departments within the company to anticipate and meet the evolving training needs of B & I Contractors, Inc. He/she will nurture relationships with new employees and manage on-going relationships with current employees and leaders within the company.Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Leadership Team and Department Managers to ensure a seamlessly integrated training approach/career path
- Understands teaching strategies for working with adult learners
- Utilizes a variety of training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure maximum effectiveness of training programs (ADDIE, Backwards Design, etc.)
- Creates course outlines with strong learning objectives
- Builds and maintains a schedule of training programs, classes and activities.
- Schedules activities and training; Coordinates the set-up of the classroom setting and logistics for each session
- Develops and/or selects instructional materials, resources, online training courses and materials using various authoring tools and technologies (PowerPoint, Prezi, Articulate)
- Teaches selected classes through live or remote (webinar) delivery (Uber Conference, GotoMeeting)
- Monitors employee training participation using various recording tools (LearningZen, Excel, etc.)
- Maintains accurate up-to-date records of all training classes facilitated to include participation, completion and assessment results.
- Tracks and reports key metrics to establish quantitative means for measuring class effectiveness (Hours of training delivered, quantity of employees trained, and student feedback)
- Additional duties as assigned for which the candidate is qualified to performJob Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of training and development experience, preferably in a construction environment, to include teaching and instruction.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Technical Education, Organizational Development and Leadership, Business or Education preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience (Specialized education can be substituted to meet experience requirement)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and program/project management skills.
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs required (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- Must be able and willing to travel (day and/or overnight travel) as needed (Up to 15%).
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is highly desirable, and will give a strong advantage in hiringPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Training Specialists Frequently:
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to hear, and speak clearly with professional standard grammar
- Must be able to see
- Must be able to move fingers and have dexterity of fingers (or mechanical substitutions)Training Specialists Occasionally:
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, reach overhead, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, reach forward, twist and squatAdditional Company InformationThis a full time position offering a BENEFITS PACKAGEthat includes employee stock ownership, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, paid time off, sick days, and 401(k).B & I Contractors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a Drug Free Workplace.How to Apply -
- Visit our website at www.bandiflorida.comCompany DescriptionFounded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL. B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, Plumbing, Service, Electrical, Pipe-fitting and Welding, and Sheet Metal. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida; capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.
Keywords: B & I Contractors Inc., Fort Myers , Learning Designer, Professions , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!