Veterinary Technician - Emergency
Company: BluePearl Veterinary Partners
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: April 15, 2019
BluePearl Veterinary Partners is now hiring for an exceptional,
qualified, and passionate Advanced Patient Care Associate to join
The primary function of the Advanced Patient Care Associate is to
be responsible for treatments of stable hospitalized patients and
outpatient diagnostics and treatments. Advanced Patient Care
Associates do not hold a current CVT, LVT, RVT, or LVMT
As an Advanced Patient Care Associate:
- You maintain proficiency at Veterinary Assistant Level 2
clinical skills and competencies.
- You compassionately, calmly and gently approaches and handles
- You approach and handle patients according to safety protocols
and core values.
- You interpret and complete in-patient and out-patient work up
requests by veterinarian within their skill set.
- You identify, understand different types and stages of
- You understand hospital estimates and have the ability to
present them in a clear manner to clients.
- You accurately set up, perform, and troubleshoot central venous
pressure monitoring via all methods.
- You perform chest tube maintenance and evacuation.
- You perform tracheostomy tube maintenance.
- You place nasal oxygen lines and ensures proper
- You place single and multi-lumen central lines as well as PICC
- You place nasoesophageal and nasogastic feeding tubes.
- You appropriately administer and maintain parental nutrition
delivery to patient.
- You identify common heart arrhythmias.
- You resuscitate neonates.
- You perform manual intermittent positive pressure ventilation
(with Ambubag or anesthesia reservoir bag).
- You care for and appropriately handle patient drains (Jackson
Pratt, Penrose, etc.).
- You administer eye tests as deemed appropriate by veterinarian
(tonopen, fluorescence stain, shrimer tear test).
- You mentor and train level 1-2 veterinary technicians and
- You accurately start and monitor blood product
- You address client concerns and answer them appropriately
within job duties.
- You prepare medications and patient for discharge, and
communicates discharge instructions to client.
- You provide patient nursing care to ICU level 3 patients
according to hospital standards of care and core values.
- You actively participates in hospital's day to day function by
taking on additional responsibilities.
- Mastery of Veterinary Assistant Level II competencies and
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an emergency and/or
critical care department.
- High School graduate.
BluePearl is the next step in your career.
Veterinary Partners grew from the dreams of numerous veterinarians
pets should have access to high quality, state of the art
healthcare. We are
seeking hospital support with the same philosophy who are looking
to grow their
career in an exciting environment with a family atmosphere.
Our associate benefits include:
vision, dental, life, and pet insurance package options.
to bring your dog to work
training with unlimited growth potential.
- 90" paid
scholarships with Penn Foster and CE allowances.
committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals
with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
origin, religion, creed, sex, age, disability, genetic information,
status, citizenship status, sexual orientation or affectional
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any
characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an
during the application process because of a disability, it is
request. We are pleased to provide such assistance, and no
applicant will be
penalized as a result of such a request. We are an Equal
and a Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: BluePearl Veterinary Partners, Fort Myers , Veterinary Technician - Emergency, Professions , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!